Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Holiday!

The Handsome Penpal and I are taking a couple of weeks off and heading over to New Zealand. I'm declaring the adventure an internet free zone and so will have to save up all my Kiwi language anecdotes for a post-trip post.

For your amusement in my absence, I've listed a few of my favourite language-related blogs. If you have any you like to read and think I should add to my RSS list let me know in the comments section below!


Language Log - A swarm of top notch linguists, you'll be hard pressed to not find something to tickle your fancy.

Fully (Sic) - Linguistics news with an Aussie accent.

Literal-Minded - If you like taking things to their logical conclusion.

The Visual Linguist - This is new to my blog roll, but is written by a guy interested in the multi-modal linguistic communication of comics. How could it not be awesome?

Johnson - Named for Samuel himself. The Economist gets on board the linguistics train. For those that like their copy editing with lashings of reality.

lolPhonology - How all linguistics should be taught...

PhD Comics - Not about linguistics per se, but an occasionally frightfully accurate depiction of the life of a graduate researcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment