Thursday, January 27, 2011

Final village adventures

After my two days of R&R I'm back off for my final 2 weeks or so of village living.

It should be a hectic fortnight – There's another wedding, as well as a dance. There's also Losar, the Tibetan New Year which will be a few more days of eating and partying. It will also be my birthday while I'm there. I have no intention of actually telling anyone in the village this, after all, it's not like any of them will be able to make me pancakes. I don't mind having such a low key birthday, although it will be with a tinge of sadness to note that I'm now to old to be let loose on air at my favourite Youth Radio Station. No longer part of the 'yoof' but still kicking about at the same university I did my undergrad at… still, there's no time to be to introspective about it, I've got work to do!

Next time you hear from me I'll be in KTM and getting ready to say goodbye to Nepal!

No comments:

Post a Comment